From the President…
Elections are complete and we have a great slate of officers for the 2012-2013 Lions year. They are
President Anne Asplund
1st VP George Budd
2nd VP Mike Exley
Secretary Dave McClintock
Treasurer Larry Nelson
Tail Twister Ken Wedin
Lion Tamer Nancy Slade
2 Yr Directors Holly Wedin
1 Yr Directors Art Pressel
Membership Chair Anne Asplund
Retention Chair Dave McClintock
Congratulations to all our incoming officers!!
We had our annual Easter Egg Hunt for Special Needs Children on Saturday, April 7. It was a clear (not raining!) and cold morning and not many children braved the cold. Special THANKS to Lions Nancy Slade for ordering the goodie bags, Art Pressel for getting the donuts donated from Krispy Kreme and Anne Asplund for taking the photos.
Our next big project is our only fundraiser for the year. It is our 16th Annual “Poker Run” on Sunday, June 10th. We need all the help we can get so be sure and keep that day open and let Dave Bartlett (531-5006 or cell phone, 389-4599) know if you can help.
Hope to see you at our next meeting. Lion Mike Exley has some great programs lined up.
Hopefully winter is almost over. With luck, spring will be upon us soon! Well, it is that time of year and we have elected the following members to be our Board of Officers:
- President: Anne Asplund
- 1st VP: George Budd
- 2nd VP: Mike Exley
- Secretary: Dave McClintock
- Treasurer: Larry Nelson
- Tail Twister: Ken Wedin
- Lion Tamer: Dave Bartlett
- 2 Yr. Director: Mike Exley/Holly Wedin
- 1 Yr. Director: Art Pressel
- Membership: Anne Asplund
- Retention: Dave McClintock
Thanks to Anne Asplund, Robbie Behounek, and myself for visiting the Spanapark Early Risers on March 20th, 7:00 a.m.
A special THANKS to all those members who have been working extra week-ends helping to clean up tree limbs and debris at the Prairie House Museum from the ice storm in January.
Our annual community project of and Easter Egg hunt for special needs children is coming up this Saturday, April 6th at the Prairie House Museum. We need to be there by 8:30 a.m. to get the eggs hidden, coffee brewing, etc. The hunt begins sharply at 10 a.m.
The District Spring Conference will be on 13 and 14 April at LaQuinta Inn in Tacoma. Lions George Budd and Anne Asplund plan to attend and will be our voting delegates.
We will be doing White Canes at the Safeway Store in Spanaway on May 5th. Proceeds collected will go to the Multiple District Sight & Hearing Foundation in Seattle. If you haven’t signed up, see or call Dave McClintock.
We have our installation of new officers scheduled for Tuesday, June 26th at our regular meeting place. Hope we have a good turn-out!
Well, it’s the 2nd month of the calendar year. Can you believe this Lions year is now more than half over! Hope everyone survived the snow and ice in January.
I want to let the Spanaway Lions know about some of our upcoming projects and events for this year. Please mark your calendars and plan on helping out with some of them if you can.
• The 3rd C5 Zone Advisory Meeting was on Sunday, Feb. 5th at the Orting Lions Club House. Thanks to Lions Dave Bartlett, Robbie Behounek, Dave McClintock, Larry Nelson and myself for attending!
• Tree planting project on the Nisqually River in Yelm, on Saturday, March 9, 9 am to noon.
• Saturday, April 7th, 10 a.m. we will have our annual Easter Egg Hunt for Special Needs Children at the Prairie House Museum. This is a very rewarding event. Thanks to Lion Nancy Slade for spear-heading this.
• April 13-14, District 19C Spring Conference. We will go on Saturday, the 14th. Registration fee of $10 will be paid by the club. Plan to go as they always have excellent seminars to learn about Lions.
• August 25th we will have the Lions Health Screening Unit at the Spanaway Wal-Mart, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Lion Dave McClintock will have a sign-up sheet.
Congratulations to Lion Anne Asplund who plans to attend the Lions Leadership Institute in Gig Harbor this month!!