Here is an opportunity to serve your community with deeds and actions. The Lions Club provides opportunities to learn leadership skills and practice fellowship. Our club is democratic in every respect. Officers are elected by the general membership.
We are known as the “working” service club of Spanaway…and we have fun while serving the community. Our dinner meetings are held in the evening – after working hours and are generally 1 to 1 1/2 hours long. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm. If you desire to eat at home before attending the meeting that is perfectly acceptable and many of our members do so.
We only ask our members to contribute service – not money. Every cent of any fund-raising project is placed in our activity fund for community projects. Our Objectives: To be better citizens and to help build our community through service and helping those less fortunate than us. To encourage service minded individuals to serve their community without financial reward. Some of the Community Services the Spanaway Lions have participated in include:We firmly believe in the importance of the family unit and encourage both spouses to become Lions.
- Eye Exams and eyeglasses for less fortunate community citizens.
- Hearing aids for those less fortunate.
- Collecting used eyeglasses to be sent to 3rd world countries.
- International Youth Exchange Program
- Children’s “Peace Poster” contest.
- Easter Egg Hunt for Children with Special Needs
- Spanaway Historical Society Museum maintenance program
- Washington Special Olympics Program
- Lions Eye Bank
- Free health screenings for local citizens.
- Holiday food certificates (Thanksgiving and Christmas) for needy families in the area.
For more information contact us
Lion Dave McClintock Secretary@spanawaylions.org